School visits will return October 24, 2022! We look forward to welcoming you then!
Plan a SCHOOL VISIT
All School visits may include:
- A Tour of the FVHRS Discovery Centre
- A 1 mile (1.5 km) round trip ride on BCER 1225, a 1912 BCER interurban
- Speeder ride (weather permitting)
- Opportunity to ride on a Velocipede and / or pump cart
- A visit to the replica Cloverdale Station and museum
- A video on the history of BC Electric Railway and the Fraser Valley Heritage Railway Society
- A video presentation on Railway Safety (Grade 2 to Grade 7) and discussion
- Take home items for Grade 2 to Grade 4
Through discussion with the FVHRS, visits can be tailored to fit a particular lesson or unit on some aspect of public rail transportation that is centred on the BCER, or rail safety in general.
Please note: School tours are available on Monday & Fridays only. For Scouts, Guides etc. evening tours are available Monday to Friday.
- Phone: 604-574-9056
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: www.fvhrs.org
SCHOOL FIELD TRIP RESERVATION FORM
For a guided tour of Cloverdale Station, the Discovery Centre and a short ride on Interurban 1225 and the Speeder, along the FVHRS half mile siding.
The site is partially accessible, check website for accessibility details under the About tab.
Should you have additional questions please phone the station at 604-574-9056 and leave a message.
FEE SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS
- MINIMUM FEE IS $120.00 and covers the first 20 students. There is no charge for Teachers and Chaperones.
- Additional students beyond 20 are $6.00 each.
- At least one teacher or chaperone must be present for every 7 children under the age of 10
- Minimum of 2 weeks notice must be given. Full payment is due on the day of the field trip. The FVHRS accepts cash or a school cheque made out to the Fraser Valley Heritage Railway Society.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations are required 3 days in advance of reservation to avoid a $50.00 booking charge.